Monday was President's Day holiday so we played with public school friends and I did some school planning and a belated Valentine's date with daddy.
Tuesday-
Now entering ... Eastern Europe ð. Man, it was so cool for me to get to study up on this part of the world. It was behind the "Iron Curtain" when I was in elementary school, and I guess folks either still knew little or just were hesitant to talk about still while I was in high school but there are some really incredible countries in Eastern Europe and I love learning about them and sharing about them with my kids. We began with Russia and Ukraine- the breadbasket of Europe. We watched a YouTube or two on fantastic places to visit (which sold all of us) and read a couple books.
We watched "gorka" traditional Ukrainian dance videos and the kids loved trying some of their amazing dance moves. Such impressive strength required in that style of dance!
Since we have almost visited every continent we brought out the globe and had the kids see how fast they could find places we have studied so far. That was fun.
We did a writing lesson from the IEW "desert tarantula". The girls are getting the nonfiction writing method down well. No combining two sentences with "which".
Benson learned letter Z. We read Daddy's taking us to the Zoo and sang it. He learned to spell zoo. The khan academy kids app taught him that oo makes oooohh sound. He liked saying "Z- O- O". Before bed he and I watched Zootopia.
WEDNESDAY
FRIDAY




